Welcome to Spectrum Specialists – experienced clinicians in autism spectrum condition working in Cornwall and Oxfordshire.
We specialise in working with people who are, or may be, on the autistic spectrum. This may involve a variety of approaches:
- carrying out an assessment and diagnostic interview
- providing feedback and/or training to help families or staff understand how best to support someone who is on the autistic spectrum
- providing individual therapy for someone to help them recognise and harness their strengths and increase well-being, and learn coping strategies to help reduce frustration and anxiety
- providing training to other professionals
- more general psychological assessment as well as offering specific models of therapy
We can help you think about what a formal diagnosis of an autism spectrum condition might mean for you, and the associated advantages and disadvantages.
We are experienced in providing therapy to people on the autistic spectrum (with and without learning disabilities) and understand the need for making any intervention individualised and person centred.